As an educational ministry outreach of the St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church community, the school is committed to provide educational opportunities in a Catholic setting to those who are committed to the philosophy of the school. St. Elizabeth School admits qualified students to its programs. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnic origin, or disability, if with reasonable accommodations, the applicant can meet the program requirements. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnic origin or disability in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic programs, and other programs and activities.
To apply, click here
While St. Elizabeth School admits students of many different religions to the school, it reserves the right to give preference in admission to Catholics. The school utilizes the following preference system:
- Siblings of current St. Elizabeth School students
- Children of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church parishioners
- Catholic non-parishioners
The Admissions procedure is as follows:
- As set forth in the Texas Education Code and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas Policy Handbook for Schools, St. Elizabeth School has the following age requirements for admission:
- A child entering Pre-K will be three years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year and be toilet trained.
- A child entering Kindergarten will be five years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year.
- A child entering first grade will be six year of age on or before September 1st of the current school year or have been in first grade, or completed kindergarten in an accredited school.
- Parents of prospective Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade students must complete a school registration form, and provide a birth certificate and baptismal record. There is no admission testing for new Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade students, although a simple developmental evaluation of a student may be conducted
- Beginning in the spring, the school will accept applications for testing from new students who wish to enroll in grades 2-8. At this time, parents must complete a school registration form, and provide transcripts from previous schools, an evaluation from the student’s present teacher, a family recommendation letter from the student’s current school administrator, a parent questionnaire, a birth certificate, a baptismal record, and a non-refundable testing fee
- On announced dates in the spring or by appointment, the school will conduct entrance examinations for students wishing to enroll in grades 2-8
- A student and parent interview with the principal will be required for all students being considered for grades 4-8
- We seek new students who demonstrate they can perform at or above the median level of prospective classmates for the grade level to which they will be placed, and who can contribute to those classes. Academic and behavioral records and teacher recommendations from previous schools will also be considered in the admissions process
- When the school offers to accept a student, we require a non-refundable registration fee, a completed and current health form, and immunization/vaccination records to hold the student’s place in a particular grade.
St. Elizabeth School does not offer services for special education. However, to be in compliance with federal and state No Child Left Behind laws and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas Early Literacy Assessment policy, which states that all children will be reading on grade level by third grade, St. Elizabeth School performs systematic assessments of students at the primary level. All Kindergarten and 1st grade students are assessed at the beginning of school, in January and at the end of the school year. Any 2nd grade student struggling with reading will also be assessed.
This is the Texas Catholic Credit Union. Arrangements can be made through this credit union for a guaranteed 11 month (July – May) loan to pay tuition and facility fee. If you choose the Texas Catholic Credit Union the application must be completed by May 18, 2016. Applications are available at the school office. If you already have an account established with TCCU the only form you will need to complete is the St. Elizabeth/TCCU form. Your loan is guaranteed by membership into the credit union. In the event that you default on your loan from the credit union, your child will be removed from the school until the loan is brought current.