Dear St. Elizabeth Families,
Each year the Advisory Council’s Nominating Committee accepts applications for open Member positions on the Advisory Council. This is a great opportunity for individuals who would like to share their gifts of time and talent in assisting the leadership team of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic School. The Advisory Council is responsible for the following activities:
- Advise the Principal on school policies, programs, services, and strategic planning.
- Serve as an information resource for the school, as needed.
- Conduct special studies and assignments as requested by the Pastor or Principal.
- Advise the Principal and Pastor on financial matters including assisting the Principal in development of the Schools annual operating budget; determining sources of funding for the annual operating budget, and establishing the annual tuition rates
- Present the school to the public, to civic authorities, and to the Catholic community as a school imparting quality Catholic education in all aspects of living: spiritual, intellectual, cultural, physical, social, and civic.
Below are some eligibility criteria to be appointed to the Advisory Council.
General Eligibility: Advisory Council members should be practicing Catholics, however if non-Catholics are appointed, the majority of the membership shall be Catholic. A majority of the members of the Advisory Council shall have a child or children at the School at the beginning of their term. A Member must be at least 18 years of age, active in his/her parish and/or the School, and willing to give time and energy to the advancement of the mission of the School. A Member’s actions in his or her professional and personal life should be reflective of the teachings of the Catholic Church. No Member of the Advisory Council may be employed by the Parish or the School. No Member may be an immediate family relation (spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, child) of an employee of the School.
Applications are due May 1, 2012
Once an application is received, the Nominating Committee of the Advisory Council recommends individuals to the Pastor and Principal for approval, and then to the existing Members for appointment. Members are appointed for a 3 year term.
If you are interested in learning more about the Advisory Council and/or applying for an open Member position, please complete the attached Application and email it to Sheri Edelmann at email@example.com, or give a hard copy to Mrs. Walkley in the front office by May 1st.
We hope that you consider becoming involved with this important Council.
Thank you for your time and interest.
2012 AC Member Application.doc